Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Searching for photo sites

We're looking for locations to take some pictures before the ceremony. The church I attend and we're getting married in is not a pretty building. Even if it were, I want to avoid the formal posed shots in the church santuary if possible.

We plan to take lots of photos (with family and bridal party especially) among the trees at the our venue, but I wanted a contrasting location to take some photos of the two of us pre-ceremony.

We decided on a historic city's town center--about 15 minutes from the church. There is an old train station, along with the original shop fronts from years ago on the main street through the town. We plan to stop at the old train station:


this fountain


and the fantastic Sam and Jake's Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor (which you can see in the picture above, the shop second from the left.

Sorry for the craziness of this shot. It's from--you guessed it--google maps street view. The ice cream parlor is circled in blue. The fountain in the picture above is located just to the left of this picture. Isn't this little town too cute?

I'm envisioning some cute photos of us sharing a cookies 'n cream ice cream cone sitting on those old fashioned stools!
I'll be scheduling a meeting soon with my photographer to scope out some more locations to make our shoot complete. (My parents live in the country on a dirt road, and I have a million ideas for that too!) We'll also be checking out lighting at the church, and the reception hall.
I'm still trying to decide where we should have our first look. There certainly won't be any privacy if our first look is right in front of that fountain. (though the pictures would be fantastic!)

In what kinds of settings are you planning to take pictures? Are you scheduling a day-after shoot to get the shots and locations you couldn't fit in on the big day?

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Such cute locations! I love the old train station.

LauraAnn said...

Your pictures are going to be so darn cute!!!!

Post a Comment

 

Latte Love All rights reserved © 2008-2011 | I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley