Thursday, March 5, 2009

it's only fitting

WOOHOO!

I finally heard from my dear, patient seamstress, after I bombarded her with "are you done yet? I'm so excited! What does it look like? When can I come?!! EEEEE, I'm SO EXCITED!!!" emails about the status of my wedding dress. My dress is ready for a fitting!

She was open Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday...and it's just my luck that I have a [rec]vollyeball game on Tuesday night (I feel like I have to clarify that I'm not still in school and playing competetive sports. ha.) and I have my baby sister's sports award banquet on Thursday night.
So Saturday morning, the moment the shop opens, my mom, sisters, and my BF/BM are heading over for the big reveal and my first fitting.

I'm very excited, but nervous--as I have no concrete idea of what the dress will look like, after my last-minute-changed-my-mind bridezilla moment.

I'm also concerned about how my very teeny assets will look with the neckline I chose...but a post on that to come.

How nervous were you for your first fitting? (Or am I the only one?)

5 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I can't wait to go for my first dress shopping experience in June. It's still so surreal 10 months into our engagement... lol. and still one year from the date :)

Can't wait to hear more about your fitting!
RelentlessBride

LauraAnn said...

I am soooo nervous for my first dress fitting. When I ordered my dress I was in between two sizes so I went with the smaller size so I always worry about "what if I gained weight" issue.

Try to enjoy your fitting! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Wedding Corner said...

I haven’t gone dress shopping yet.
But I can imagine how nervous you might be…Congrats.
~Lilian~

Margot said...

As a bride-to-be also lacking the, um, crown jewels to fill out my gown -- I sympathize with your alteration concerns!

Brandi said...

Can't wait to hear how it turned out! I remember when I went to my first fitting, I never wanted to take it off

Post a Comment

 

Latte Love All rights reserved © 2008-2011 | I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley